Sign in to follow this  
mwkurt

Problem with journal report?

Hello,

I think that I am having a problem with the journal report. It may supposed to be this way, I don't know. Anyway.... When I print out my report to my screen, the order of my event tags is as follows:

Birth in 1873

Marriage in 1897

Death in 1942

Burial in 1942

Census in 1900

Shouldn't the 1900 census be in the report before the Death & Burial? Does anyone know what could be wrong to cause this? The dates are all correct and in chronological order in my details screen, yet they don't output correctly, in my view.

The individual narrative report does print out in the correct order, but does not have a listing of the children of the Principal, which the journal report does.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello,

I think that I am having a problem with the journal report. It may supposed to be this way, I don't know. Anyway.... When I print out my report to my screen, the order of my event tags is as follows:

Birth in 1873

Marriage in 1897

Death in 1942

Burial in 1942

Census in 1900

Shouldn't the 1900 census be in the report before the Death & Burial? Does anyone know what could be wrong to cause this? The dates are all correct and in chronological order in my details screen, yet they don't output correctly, in my view.

The individual narrative report does print out in the correct order, but does not have a listing of the children of the Principal, which the journal report does.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mark

It is standard in genealogy journal reports to print the birth, marriage, death, and burial (BMDB) in the first paragraph and all other events chronological following the first paragraph...to print in strict chronological sequence under Options>General tab under Style choose Custom and on the Miscellaneous tab under Format uncheck "BMDB in separate paragraph" (last item in list)...