Marlyn R. Lewis

Journal Report (probably)

I'm sure this has been asked many times already, but I'll ask again.

For a NON-programmer, is there a fast (read EASY) way to include parents of siblings spouses in a journal report?

Additionally, is there a way to include more than one ancestral generation for those same spouses?

Am I asking too much of the Journal Report? Should I be using a different report?

For a NON-programmer, is there a fast (read EASY) way to include parents of siblings spouses in a journal report?

Additionally, is there a way to include more than one ancestral generation for those same spouses?

Am I asking too much of the Journal Report? Should I be using a different report?

The non-custom "style" under options will answer my first question (after looking a little harder). But, is there still a way to do more than one ancestral generation for the siblings spouses?

The non-custom "style" under options will answer my first question (after looking a little harder). But, is there still a way to do more than one ancestral generation for the siblings spouses?

Marlyn,

I don't think there is an easy way to do it automatically but with hardwiring of either the marriage sentence or a custom tag it probably can be done.

I'm assuming you want something like:

"On March 4, 1859, in the villiage chapel of Much Sodding on the Marsh, Middleshire, England; he marriaed Polly Purebody daughter of Sir Arthur Purebody (who was himself the son of Lord James Purebody and Millicent Ravaged) and Lady Hycianth Buckette (who was herself the daughter of The Duke of Blunderforth and Vicountess Knoital)."

I'm sure it can be done... but neither easily nor quickly I'm afraid.

Marlyn,

I don't think there is an easy way to do it automatically but with hardwiring of either the marriage sentence or a custom tag it probably can be done.

I'm assuming you want something like:

"On March 4, 1859, in the villiage chapel of Much Sodding on the Marsh, Middleshire, England; he marriaed Polly Purebody daughter of Sir Arthur Purebody (who was himself the son of Lord James Purebody and Millicent Ravaged) and Lady Hycianth Buckette (who was herself the daughter of The Duke of Blunderforth and Vicountess Knoital)."

I'm sure it can be done... but neither easily nor quickly I'm afraid.

I was afraid that would be the answer. But, it was worth a shot. By the way, very much enjoyed your "ancestors".