My ancestor chart does not show all ancestors for some family lines. The missing ancestors are entered in the program with all tags marked as primary. The report is set to print 20 generations and it correctly prints all the ancestors for some lines but not others. I don't know if this is a program glitch (like the big holes I sometimes get in my project explorer) or if I am overlooking a setting.

This sounds like an indexing problem. My first suggestion is to find a place in the tree where you "know" that there should be more ancestors. Set the focus to a person at that point and set the generations to 2 and create that chart.

The reason for this test is that it is easy to repeat. Do the parents of that person show? In the Details View, when you look at that person and their parents are the mother and father fields are filled in in the child view and the child appear as primary in each of the parents view.

If this is the case then you need to run the File > Maintenance procedures and try the chart again. I would suggest running Optimise, VFI, Optimise (Optimise will also do a Reindex as part of its process). Then try the small chart again. Once the test case works, try your full chart again.

This sounds like an indexing problem. My first suggestion is to find a place in the tree where you "know" that there should be more ancestors. Set the focus to a person at that point and set the generations to 2 and create that chart.

The reason for this test is that it is easy to repeat. Do the parents of that person show? In the Details View, when you look at that person and their parents are the mother and father fields are filled in in the child view and the child appear as primary in each of the parents view.

If this is the case then you need to run the File > Maintenance procedures and try the chart again. I would suggest running Optimise, VFI, Optimise (Optimise will also do a Reindex as part of its process). Then try the small chart again. Once the test case works, try your full chart again.

Thank you so much. The File > Maintenance procedures fixed everything. I appreciate your help.