Velma

Moved data to flash drive

Moved my data to a flash drive and moved back to c: drive but cannot open Project, system gives me many errors. :unsure:

What operating system are you using?

How did you move the data to the flash drive - by copying the project files or in a .sqz backup?

Did you move the project back to the same folder on the C: drive on the same or on another computer?

Did the error message come from your operating system or from TMG? If the latter, what is the first error message you received? TMG error messages are stored in the error.txt file in the Logs folder in the User Data Files location:

Windows Vista - Windows7:

C:\Users\username\Documents\The Master Genealogist v7.

Windows XP and Windows 2000:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\The Master Genealogist v7

The error messages are dated and time-stamped.

Virginia

I am a newie and really not understnding the entire software thank you for assisting me..Velma

What operating system are you using? windows xp

How did you move the data to the flash drive - by copying the project files or in a .sqz backup? Unfortuantely I just moved from C: to flash drive :angry:

Did you move the project back to the same folder on the C: drive on the same or on another computer? I attempted to move back to same computer and same drive.

Did the error message come from your operating system or from TMG? If the latter, what is the first error message you received? TMG error messages are stored in the error.txt file in the Logs folder in the User Data Files location: The error message i received was ole error code 0x80004005 unspecified find error 39FRMWIZRestore. mloadsted with three prompts abort retry or ignore tried all three unsuccessfully

Windows Vista - Windows7:

C:\Users\username\Documents\The Master Genealogist v7.

Windows XP and Windows 2000:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\The Master Genealogist v7 I will attempt to locate these files...

The error messages are dated and time-stamped.

Virginia

Velma -

It sounds like you moved your actual project rather than a backup sqz file, to the flash drive - and then moved it back to the same computer.

The error message mentions 'Restore'

ole error code 0x80004005 unspecified find error 39FRMWIZRestore. mloadsted

which makes me wonder if you tried to open the project as you would a backup - using Restore. If you returned the project to the same computer and have all 80 or more project files back in their original location - then you would use File / Open (not Restore) to open it. Try File / Open - and if that does not work, contact tech support so they can work through the problem with you.

Virginia