davec

Unable to use TMG 7 Reports

In desperate need of some help. When I try to use any of thereports like the descendants box chart TMG does not respond to anything excepta few options like printer setup. All the other menu items are greyed out.

Just before this happened I did make some changes to bookmanager.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing TMG but that hasnot resolved it.

Dave -

When you are in the Report Definition Screen (RDS), it is expected you will be using those report options; top menu options are dimmed by design while the RDS is open. Are you saying that the options in the RDS are also dimmed?

If that is not what you mean, give us some more details -

Virginia

Hi Virginia

After selecting Report -> Descendants box chart from the main TMG window everything appears to go to sleep. The only ways out are to kill the TMG process via Task Manager or via Help -> Check for Updates.

The only error message I get is'Unknown Member ROPROTECTIONMAN'

The only thing I did before this happened was to set the output of Descendants box chart to File and set Report -> Book Manager to produce a Descendants chart.

I just got the same thing, Dave. I will look at it some more and report it as a bug. Although I had to shut TMG down with the task manager, it opened normally after that. I don't know why you would have to reinstall.

Avoid the Book Manager for now and create your reports directly from each Report definition screen. In the case of the box chart, save it to Visual Chartform. If you need help with box charts, the VCF forum has lots of examples and some simple tutorials for one-page charts.

Also try resetting the Descendant Box Chart report configuration to its defaults using the Delete button under the configuration name on the Report Definition Screen.

What operating system are you using?

Virginia

Running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

The reinstall was in desperation to be able to get back to the reports as I couldn't even get in to then to reset anything. I could open TMG after using task manager to get out of it but still could not use reports as I would end up in the same situation.

Have had to do a system restore to a date before the problem started. Have now recovered everything with mo problems. Will just have to not try to do what I was doing with reports.

Thanks for the info on the VCF form.