Sign in to follow this  
alprunty

New Registration of V7 - Version 8

I am currently reviewing TMG on a win 7 64 bit system. I like the way the program is organizing my information, but I don't want to register the program and not have an upgrade path to V8 and have to re- register.

What is the upgrade path to those of us who register now. I have read it is in beta?

I've been messed over by another Genealogy software publisher... registering and then having to pay for an expensive upgrade 1 week later. I'm on disability and can't afford that mistake again.

Allen

Guest PhilDee
I am currently reviewing TMG on a win 7 64 bit system. I like the way the program is organizing my information, but I don't want to register the program and not have an upgrade path to V8 and have to re- register.

What is the upgrade path to those of us who register now. I have read it is in beta?

I've been messed over by another Genealogy software publisher... registering and then having to pay for an expensive upgrade 1 week later. I'm on disability and can't afford that mistake again.

Allen

Allen,

Historically if you purchase the current version of TMG and another version is released within 90 days then Wholly Genes has given those users free upgrade to the new version. Again historically TMG has provided a special upgrade pricing for users of the version prior to the new version. Usually about half the full price. No pricing or conditions have yet been released by management so I can only speak to what the company has done in the past. BUT I've not seen or heard anything that would indicate any changes. This is NOT a Wholly Genes policy statement. This is my statement of what has been done in the past regarding upgrades.

Phil

Wholly Genes Tech Support