duff

"grayout" or "freezing" or "lockup" issue

Not using the picklist...it seems random as to occurence.

Last happened while saving a birth tag containing only a date, to an existing person.

Under File menu, only printer setup is available and the X doesn't work either, so shutdown is by CTL-ALT DEL, which still requires acknowledgement of Program not Responding, then restart program. This is happening about every half hour.

Can I send anything that might help fix it?

gak.

Ok, again full crash, at 9% of check for duplicate people.

Program title bar says not responding

Ctl-Alt-Delete

Restarted Program

Selected Last Project

Last Project opens, but suddenly 2 more instances of TMG are open simultaneously, waiting for instructions on what to open.

Anomaly-fest.

Ok, again full crash, at 9% of check for duplicate people.

Program title bar says not responding

Ctl-Alt-Delete

Restarted Program

Selected Last Project

Last Project opens, but suddenly 2 more instances of TMG are open simultaneously, waiting for instructions on what to open.

Anomaly-fest.

The "Not responding" on the title bar may be misleading in many cases. You need to CAD to bring up the Task Manager and if Performance is running near 100% then TMG is still processing. The "Not Responding" is a false indication by Windows as it doesn't detect that there are still processes active in TMG. This occurs quite frequently in operations that take a long time such as the generation of a large report or, as in you case, checking for duplicate people....

Sure, I have experienced that...but 3 hours later still at 9%...I think we can call that a crash.

Pre-6.03-patch I did a check for duplicates at one point that it took THREE DAYS, no exaggeration, but it never did say not responding, and it did crunch slowly along through the scale of completion.

Even after that much work still to be done in merging confirmation...eventually one must move on and come back to the challenge later by attempting to check for duplicates again..hey?

So anyway...this one the other day was a fairly restrictive check for duplicates..in order to yield a smaller more manageable pile of confirmations.

Also, the not responding-lockup occurs quite frequently in operations that wouldn't seem to require a long time such as add a wife, merge two people, etc.

By the way, I did indeed have the expanded picklist enabled, though had not yet used it, so not realized that it was active in any way. That was pretty cool, what I saw of it. Will the expanded picklist function be repaired in a coming patch? Having turned it off now...back to simple picklist, the program crashes perhaps less frequently, but still crashing.

The "Not responding" on the title bar may be misleading in many cases. You need to CAD to bring up the Task Manager and if Performance is running near 100% then TMG is still processing. The "Not Responding" is a false indication by Windows as it doesn't detect that there are still processes active in TMG. This occurs quite frequently in operations that take a long time such as the generation of a large report or, as in you case, checking for duplicate people....