BjarneTveiten

Problem with exhibits in reports

I am new to reporting, so please can someone give me some advice?

I have attached exhibits (photo) to a person. I can see the photo when activating "image" for that person, so TMG knows about it.

I try to include the photo to an "Individual narrative" report. Report -> Individual narrative -> Options -> Exhibit -> turn on f.ex. embedded. Then chose Word for windows 8. According to the help screen the photo should now be included in the print if sent to Word. Which I do, but no photo appears.

I probably make a simple omission somewhere. Any suggestions?

I am new to reporting, so please can someone give me some advice?

I have attached exhibits (photo) to a person. I can see the photo when activating "image" for that person, so TMG knows about it.

I try to include the photo to an "Individual narrative" report.  Report -> Individual narrative -> Options -> Exhibit -> turn on f.ex. embedded. Then chose Word for windows 8. According to the help screen the photo should now be included in the print if sent to Word. Which I do, but no photo appears.

I probably make a simple omission somewhere. Any suggestions?

Did you follow the instructions that displayed before the report opened in Word about updating the Links in Word?

If you did not get the instructions then no images were include. If that's the case what other items do you have selected on the Exhibit tab of the report?

I do not get any messages about updating links in Word. Have tried Word 8 and Word 2000.

In Exhibit I have tried

Footnotes plus ticked on all options below.

Endnotes plus ticked on all options below.

Embedded plus ticked on all options below.

Embedded with parenthesis plus ticked on all options below.

For each person:

The primary image and

All Images

Is there a way to force a check on links to Word?

Bjarne

I do not get any messages about updating links in Word. Have tried Word 8 and Word 2000.

In Exhibit I have tried

Footnotes plus ticked on all options below.

Endnotes plus ticked on all options below.

Embedded plus ticked on all options below.

Embedded with parenthesis plus ticked on all options below.

For each person:

The primary image and

All Images

Is there a way to force a check on links to Word?

Bjarne

I just tried it with Embedded selected, all items below ticked, and for each person - all images and got all images I had attached to the individual.

When you open the Exhibit log for the individual do images show in the log window? Click on the camera icon on the tool bar to open the Exhibit log for the individual. It should be green to indicate that there are images attached.

I seem to have solved my problem by importing my photo to TMG rather than having it as an external exhibit. Then I got the message about Word links which needed updating.

Thank you Paul (lawrpaul) for bothering to reply.

Bjarne

I seem to have solved my problem by importing my photo to TMG rather than having it as an external exhibit. Then I got the message about Word links which needed updating.

Thank you Paul (lawrpaul) for bothering to reply.

Bjarne

External exhibits should be no problem...all of my exhibits are external...must have been something in the way they were added to TMG....glad you got it solved...

External exhibits should be no problem...all of my exhibits are external...must have been something in the way they were added to TMG....glad you got it solved...

FWIW I was poking around in Word 2002 (~XP ) and ran across the following on the Toolbar.

Insert>Reference>Caption>AutoCaption (Listbox of Server Apps with checkboxes)

May be necessary to checkmark your preferred (Windows associated) Photo Editor for external exhibits???

Lead Main Control *may* be the internal TMG editor??? *May* be FTM??? *May* be both??