Aberlady

Old dataset - new version?

I'd appreciate some reassurance please. I was using an old version of TMG (4.0b UK version) on an old computer (Win 95!)and luckily kept a backup of that dataset on floppy disk. 2000 new names and one new but already crashed computer later I've lost the lot and need to restore from the floppy - but don't want to install such an old version of TMG on my lovely new laptop. When I buy the latest UK version will I still be able to open the old backup? Or should I try and stick with 4.0b? I've been very unlucky with saving my data but it's better than starting completely again

Thanks for your help

I'd appreciate some reassurance please.  I was using an old version of TMG (4.0b UK version)  on an old computer (Win 95!)and luckily kept a backup of that dataset on floppy disk.  2000 new names and one new but already crashed computer later I've lost the lot and need to restore from the floppy - but don't want to install such an old version of TMG on my lovely new laptop. When I buy the latest UK version will I still be able to open the old backup?  Or should I try and stick with 4.0b?  I've been very unlucky with saving my data but it's better than starting completely again

Thanks for your help

You won't be able to "Open" the tmg4 backup but you are able to "Import" the tmg4 backup into the latest version or any version of TMG5 or TMG6,,,