kidcavan

Unable to see reports...list of...tasks

On my laptop (which is NOT connected to a printer), I'm unable to obtain a list of tasks (as an example) when I do the following:

Report...list of...tasks and selecting the "print to screen" option

When I click on the "print and save" button, I get an error message stating, "No printer is installed, so no preview can be calculated".

I'm assuming there's a good reason for this feature, but there would be times when you'd be using a laptop NOT connected to a printer, but would still like to see a list of your tasks.

Thanks for any help!

On my laptop (which is NOT connected to a printer), I'm unable to obtain a list of tasks (as an example) when I do the following:

When I click on the "print and save" button, I get an error message stating, "No printer is installed, so no preview can be calculated". 

I'm assuming there's a good reason for this feature, but there would be times when you'd be using a laptop NOT connected to a printer, but would still like to see a list of your tasks.

Thanks for any help!

I think if you simply install any printer driver, it will allow the preview to screen. You do not have to have a printer attached. Maybe just the WG PDF printer driver will be enough (TMG > File > Printer Setup > Install PDF printer).

Virginia

Thanks for any help!

Virginia is correct...in order to format the report even for display to screen a printer driver has to be installed....I just install the same printer driver that I use on my desktop on the laptop...that way the preview on the laptop should look as it would print if I printed from the desktop...

Virginia is correct...in order to format the report even for display to screen a printer driver has to be installed....I just install the same printer driver that I use on my desktop on the laptop...that way the preview on the laptop should look as it would print if I printed from the desktop...

Thanks to both of you....intalling the PDF printer driver worked.