iup

Invisible Source in reduced Master Source List

I was just entering a new source. While in the middle of it, something happened (I might have hit a wrong key, but am not sure), and the Source Definition screen disappeared.

Right after this, when looking for that particular source in the "reduced" Master Source List (MSL), I could not find it anymore. The respective number (source no. 529) was not there so I assumed it had somehow not been saved. I then tried to start over, but was only offered the next available source number, i.e. 530. The MSL looked as follows: ...527, 528, 530. I attempted to renumber this new source 530 to the previous 529 but received the message that 529 already existed. However, it showed up nowhere in the MSL.

After trying out various futile approaches, I finally expanded the MSL via the "More" button, and much to my surprise there was my invisible source 529. When switching back to the reduced view of the MSL, the source was again invisible. All the usual (file integrity validation, reindexing, restarting, etc.) did not help.

Any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance!

I was just entering a new source. While in the middle of it, something happened (I might have hit a wrong key, but am not sure), and the Source Definition screen disappeared.

Right after this, when looking for that particular source in the "reduced" Master Source List (MSL), I could not find it anymore. The respective number (source no. 529) was not there so I assumed it had somehow not been saved. I then tried to start over, but was only offered the next available source number, i.e. 530. The MSL looked as follows: ...527, 528, 530. I attempted to renumber this new source 530 to the previous 529 but received the message that 529 already existed. However, it showed up nowhere in the MSL.

After trying out various futile approaches, I finally expanded the MSL via the "More" button, and much to my surprise there was my invisible source 529. When switching back to the reduced view of the MSL, the source was again invisible. All the usual (file integrity validation, reindexing, restarting, etc.) did not help.

The Less view is a list of the source Abbreviations. Did you enter an Abbreviation for that Source before the source definition screen disappeared? In the More view, click on Edit for that source and see if there is an entry in the Abbreviation field.

If you sort the Less view by Source#, does the source appear? Sometimes the vertical scroll bar on the Less window does not go all the way to the top or bottom, so drag that if necessary to doublecheck the source is not hidden.

Virginia

Sounds like you made the source inactive which means it will only show when in the More mode of the MSL. While in the More mode, select the source and Edit it...you will probably find it is marked inactive in the upper center of the the edit window...

Thanks to both of you, lawrpaul and Virginia for your helpful responses.

In this case, the source was indeed marked inactive and making it active solved the problem. Everything's working properly again...

Thanks again!