glamberson

Person Entry Screen - Name Variation has extra lines

I decided to add "occupation" and "residence" tags to my standard person entry screen, so I hit setup in the bottom left corner of the screen, added my tags, and WHAMMO! I've now got 14 extra lines in my Name-VAR section to tab through before getting to my Birth tag!

I had this problem before, and eventually I did something that fixed the problem (don't ask me what). But now I'm entering a bunch of data, and this is a real pain.

I'll attach a picture of what my entry screen looks like now as well (if I can figure out how to do it...).

post-1540-1136970331_thumb.jpg

HELP PLEASE!!!

:wub:

Edited by glamberson

I decided to add "occupation" and "residence" tags to my standard person entry screen, so I hit setup in the bottom left corner of the screen, added my tags, and WHAMMO! I've now got 14 extra lines in my Name-VAR section to tab through before getting to my Birth tag!

I had this problem before, and eventually I did something that fixed the problem (don't ask me what). But now I'm entering a bunch of data, and this is a real pain.

I'll attach a picture of what my entry screen looks like now as well (if I can figure out how to do it...).

post-1540-1136970331_thumb.jpg

HELP PLEASE!!!

:wub:

I would try resetting the Add Person template to the default but recreating it as you want it.

Thanks, I tried that, but it didn't fix the problem.

I think I'll call in to tech support, as I am kind of in a bind right now. I don't feel like entering in 600 people while tabbing through all those extra lines!!

Thanks, I tried that, but it didn't fix the problem.

I think I'll call in to tech support, as I am kind of in a bind right now. I don't feel like entering in 600 people while tabbing through all those extra lines!!

What version of TMG are you using?

I'm using TMG version 6.07. This morning I called technical support, and it appears I have found a bug. :wallbash:

This was a problem in earlier versions, but it had been fixed. Apparently it's broken again. They're working on the problem.

Since this problem as related to my dataset is so far irreversible, :jawdrop: I would recommend that anyone who tries to alter their tag setups for their Add New Person entry screen should back up their project before doing so.

I will probably have to revert to a backup which is 2 days old, :lamo: but I could still lose a very valuable entire day's worth of work. :sadangel:

As things develop, I'll update this posting.

:punk:

This was a problem in earlier versions, but it had been fixed. Apparently it's broken again. They're working on the problem.

:punk:

That's why I was asking what version you were using, I knew it had been a problem in an earlier version. I tried to reproduce it but was unable to with the currrent version. Glad tech support is on top of it...

I just talked to tech support again. Contrary to what I said previously, THIS IS IN FACT ONLY A DISPLAY PROBLEM, so there is no corruption of my data. :thumbsup: (YAY) :clap:

They said it wouldn't take long to fix and that I should go ahead and use my most recent dataset, since the problem is merely a display problem and will be fixed very soon.

So it's off to get some lunch :pepsi: and to the library :book: for me.

Thanks, WG Tech Support! :hug:

Yay! Problem fixed. :sweat:(whew!) Wholly Genes Tech Support sent me a file to fix my database. :cheers:

Noone is sure how this occurred, but after talking over the details of what was wrong, it wasn't nearly as troubling as I thought it was. :thumbsup2: Anyway, all is well, and I have my tags set up on my New Person entry screen.

Off to the library again... :book:

:goof:

Edited by glamberson