elevator

Order of multiple spouses

Good morning,

I asked this exact same question a while back, but those messages were apparently deleted together with the entire forum a while back. For people with multiple spouses, the spouse that was last input is the one that shows up on the "Siblings" and "Children" lists since these lists can only show one spouse at a time. How can I set the order of spouses so that the one I designate shows up as the default spouse on these lists. I know it's a simple answer, but I just can't seem to remember how to do it...

Thanks,

Ken V. Nordberg

Good morning,

I asked this exact same question a while back, but those messages were apparently deleted together with the entire forum a while back. For people with multiple spouses, the spouse that was last input is the one that shows up on the "Siblings" and "Children" lists since these lists can only show one spouse at a time. How can I set the order of spouses so that the one I designate shows up as the default spouse on these lists. I know it's a simple answer, but I just can't seem to remember how to do it...

Thanks,

Ken V. Nordberg

Change to the Tree View or Family View and click on the Spouse button until the spouse you want is shown. That becomes the "Last viewed spouse" and is the one that shows in the Sibling and Children windows....

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering though, is there a way to fix which spouse displays? There are several places in my family tree where a direct ascendant was married twice or even three times, and I would like the spouse of which I am descendant to display regardless. Is there a way to do that? The "last viewed spouse" option works just fine, but requires me to remember to review the "right" spouse if I view any of the other spouses.

Thanks,

Ken.

Change to the Tree View or Family View and click on the Spouse button until the spouse you want is shown. That becomes the "Last viewed spouse" and is the one that shows in the Sibling and Children windows....