barbsnow

Death and burial, event information for spouse

I created a Journal report with all events. I get the events for the children, but the report omits events that are attached to the spouses who married into the family. For example, there is an obituary for a wife that did not get included in the report. It also omits the death date and burial information for the pouses who married descendants.

What have I failed to do?

I created a Journal report with all events. I get the events for the children, but the report omits events that are attached to the spouses who married into the family. For example, there is an obituary for a wife that did not get included in the report. It also omits the death date and burial information for the pouses who married descendants.

What have I failed to do?

In the Report Definition Screen, select Options...on the General tab select "Custom Format"...on the Miscellaneous tab select "Include spouse events"...

In the Report Definition Screen, select Options...on the General tab select "Custom Format"...on the Miscellaneous tab select "Include spouse events"...

I have the same problem - spouse events are not included in reports. I can not find "Custom Format" on the General Tab or "Include spouse events" on the Miscellaneous tab can you help further?

I have the same problem - spouse events are not included in reports. I can not find "Custom Format" on the General Tab or "Include spouse events" on the Miscellaneous tab can you help further?

Under the report Options:

To find 'Custom format:'

General tab: Left side, middle of screen, under 'Style:'

To find 'Include spouse events:'

Miscellaneous tab: Left side, middle of screen, under 'Format:' (note that is dimmed until you select Custom Format first)

Virginia

Under the report Options:

To find 'Custom format:'

General tab: Left side, middle of screen, under 'Style:'

To find 'Include spouse events:'

Miscellaneous tab: Left side, middle of screen, under 'Format:' (note that is dimmed until you select Custom Format first)

Virginia

Many thanks for the additional information Virginia. I was trying to include spouse events in the "Descentant Indented Narrative" report that's why I could not locate "Custom Format" on the General Tab. I now realise 'Custom Format' is in "Journal" report options as you have explained. Is there any way of including spouse events in the "Descentant Indented Narrative" report?

Many thanks for the additional information Virginia. I was trying to include spouse events in the "Descentant Indented Narrative" report that's why I could not locate "Custom Format" on the General Tab. I now realise 'Custom Format' is in "Journal" report options as you have explained. Is there any way of including spouse events in the "Descentant Indented Narrative" report?

Help says only that "Spouses are built into the paragraphs of direct descendants." On the Tags Tab, do you have 'all' tags selected and 'all events and witnessed events'?

Virginia

Help says only that "Spouses are built into the paragraphs of direct descendants." On the Tags Tab, do you have 'all' tags selected and 'all events and witnessed events'?

Virginia

Hi Virginia,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have all tags and all events and witnessed events selected but only the marriage information of the spouse appears in the report - no death information. I guess there is no solution.

Thanks again,

John