andray

Add new person dialog bug

When I add a new person after adding three or four people, in any role, the usual dialog changes. Instead of getting the "add person type" selection screen, a screen asking for the sex of the new person pops up. It's as though I were adding an unrelated new person. (I have not gone beyond that point to see what happens.) It doesn't matter whether I click the icon or select "add person" from the menu.

If I backup my project it seems to refresh the application and the add person type dialog returns. Closing and reopening TMG does the same thing.

I have run the optimize and validate file integrity functions.

Any ideas?

Ray

When I add a new person after adding three or four people, in any role, the usual dialog changes. Instead of getting the "add person type" selection screen, a screen asking for the sex of the new person pops up. It's as though I were adding an unrelated new person. (I have not gone beyond that point to see what happens.) It doesn't matter whether I click the icon or select "add person" from the menu.

If I backup my project it seems to refresh the application and the add person type dialog returns. Closing and reopening TMG does the same thing.

I have run the optimize and validate file integrity functions.

Any ideas?

Ray

You would see that if you had selected to add e.g. 'child' or 'sibling' - where TMG is unsure of the sex of the person to be added. Could that explain it?

Virginia

Virginia

I don't think so. This happens immediately when I click on the 'add person' icon or menu item.

Ray

If you click the 'add person' icon or the 'Add Person' on the menu item you are going to get the "Add Person Type" window. In that window if you select "Unrelated" you will get the window to select the sex. Any of the other sections will open the "Add Person" window with the correct sex selected.

I guess I'm not stating the conditions fully enough. In person detail view, when you click on the add new person icon, you get the add person type dialog on which you specify the relationship of the person you are entering. This also seems to be the case if the Children or Siblings window is active, too. In fact, if I close all windows and click the icon, the Add Person Type dialog still opens. For some reason, this does not happen after adding a few people and instead, the specify sex window pops up.

I guess I'm not stating the conditions fully enough. In person detail view, when you click on the add new person icon, you get the add person type dialog on which you specify the relationship of the person you are entering. This also seems to be the case if the Children or Siblings window is active, too. In fact, if I close all windows and click the icon, the Add Person Type dialog still opens. For some reason, this does not happen after adding a few people and instead, the specify sex window pops up.

I've tried without success to duplicate what you are seeing. Maybe it is a specific sequence of the person additions - father, mother, child, etc. The next time it happens, anything you can recall about the sequence might help pin it down.

You could try resetting the Add Person template in case that is somehow involved. On the Add Person screen (where you enter the person's name, etc.), click the Setup button at the bottom left and on the next screen click the Reset Template button and OK.

Let us know if the problem persists and any details you can add -

Virginia