greggebert

Reinstalling TMG

I am buying a new PC. How do I reinstall my TMG? I have been running v.6.x and my files have been updated to run on that version. All I have is my original TMG 4.x gold edition discs. If I install these, will I be prompted to update to the latest version, or can I download a current version from the TMG website? I assume I would need the serial number of my copy of TMG, but I don't know where I would find that.

I should know the answer to this question because I must have done it a couple times already, but my memory doesn't hang onto these things.

Regards, Greg Gebert

I am buying a new PC. How do I reinstall my TMG? I have been running v.6.x and my files have been updated to run on that version. All I have is my original TMG 4.x gold edition discs. If I install these, will I be prompted to update to the latest version, or can I download a current version from the TMG website? I assume I would need the serial number of my copy of TMG, but I don't know where I would find that.

I should know the answer to this question because I must have done it a couple times already, but my memory doesn't hang onto these things.

Regards, Greg Gebert

Download the current Demo version from the TMG web site...it is the latest version which is 6.12. You will need your serial number for the 6.x version that you purchased to unlock it.. If you look under Help>About TMG you will see the name, email, and serial number for the version you are using. If that is not available you will have to contact TMG Customer Support.

Regards, Greg Gebert

The easiest way to reinstall is to download to your new computer the trial version on the whollygenes.com web site. That is always the latest version.

Your registration information is in Help > About. That includes:

The name you used when you purchased TMG6

The e-mail address you used.

The serial number.

You can copy down that info, but a better way is to go to TMG > Help> Technical Support and click on the Trouble Report button at the lower left. This will make a file called TROUBLE.TXT in your main TMG folder. At the top of that text file is all the registration info - ready to copy and paste, and/or print out for safe keeping. You can even copy/paste the info into the memo of your main project so you will always have it handy (that is if you don't usually share your project with others).

I guess you will be getting WinVista then? It will be interesting to hear some first-hand accounts when its use becomes more widespread.

Virginia