Nancy Archdekin

Problem with Roles using Split Witness Memo

I'm attempting to revise my census tags and came up with the following sentence structure for a Role of SonDau in the default census tag:

Male sentence is

[HID:]WM- 1 Name, 2 marital status, 3 age, 4 birthplace, 5 occupation, 6 his/her parents/mother/father [:HID][:CR:][:CR:][R:SonDau] was listed as a son in the household of <[WM6], >[P1] and [P2], living< at [LD]> in< [LCI],>< [LCN],>< [LS] on the <[M2] >federal census<, enumerated on [D]>. He was listed as <[WM1], ><[WM2], ><age [WM3], ><born in [WM4]><, with an occupation of [WM5]>.<[M0]>

Female sentence is

[HID:]WM- 1 Name, 2 marital status, 3 age, 4 birthplace, 5 occupation, 6 his/her parents/mother/father [:HID][:CR:][:CR:][R:SonDau] was listed as a daughter in the household of <[WM6], >[P1] and [P2], living< at [LD]> in< [LCI],>< [LCN],>< [LS] on the <[M2] >federal census<, enumerated on [D]>. She was listed as <[WM1], ><[WM2], ><age [WM3], ><born in [WM4]><, with an occupation of [WM5]>.<[M0]>

The output is correct in the Sample Project. However, depending on which Witness Memo elements I enter in my own project on my laptop, I get a variety of incorrect results.

For example, entering Edna V|| ||15||Feb 1885 in Oregon||student||her parents the resulting sentence is:

Edna Hodson was listed as a daughter in the household of her parents, ........ living at ....... on the 1900 federal census, enumerated on 15 June 1900. She was listed as age 15, born in Feb 1885 in Oregon, with an occupation of student.

....... indicates parts of the sentence which print correctly. This sentence is missing her name of Edna V from WM1, which should appear before her age.

It makes no difference whether I leave a space between the pipes for WM2 or not - the results are the same.

When I enter all 6 of the WM elements, the resulting sentence omits the occupation (WM5)

When I enter the first 5 WM elements, the resulting sentence omits the occupation (WM5)

When I enter elements 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6, the resulting sentence omits the marital status (WM2)

When I enter elements 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6, the resulting sentence omits the birth information (WM4)

I've had the same results in a different project on my desktop pc. I've run all the maintenance routines, and have rebooted the pc. I'm using v6.09.000 on both machines.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this problem.

Female sentence is

[HID:]WM- 1 Name, 2 marital status, 3 age, 4 birthplace, 5 occupation, 6 his/her parents/mother/father [:HID][:CR:][:CR:][R:SonDau] was listed as a daughter in the household of <[WM6], >[P1] and [P2], living< at [LD]> in< [LCI],>< [LCN],>< [LS] on the <[M2] >federal census<, enumerated on [D]>. She was listed as <[WM1], ><[WM2], ><age [WM3], ><born in [WM4]><, with an occupation of [WM5]>.<[M0]>

The output is correct in the Sample Project. However, depending on which Witness Memo elements I enter in my own project on my laptop, I get a variety of incorrect results.

I believe I just solved my own problem. :wacko:

I corrected the unbalanced conditional brackets on the [LS] place field in the roles. I entered a new family, created a new census tag and used the corrected role. It worked fine. I then went back to the original family I was working on where this role was causing problems and ran a journal report - which printed correctly.

Strange, but I'm happy.