jrw

Wish list - Standardized list of repositories

I realize this topic will reveal my inherent laziness about data entry... but long ago in the days when I did genealogy on a dos based program, and used letters to communicate I used a book for addresses. The book was "The genealogists Address book" . Looking at my copy the data is now 1995, ancient by the standards of today. Was wondering (hoping) someone had devised a method for something like this to be compatable with todays computerized standard. Specifically it would be wonderful to either have TMG come with, or have an add on program that lists the (1000?) most commonly used repositories, FHL, NEGHS, DAR library, Library of Congress, National Archives, all 50 state historical societies, perhaps all state vital records offices and all county courthouse sites. I grant that these change little from year to year and I (should/can easily) enter these as I go. Just was hoping not to have to do it

Jrw

I realize this topic will reveal my inherent laziness about data entry... but long ago in the days when I did genealogy on a dos based program, and used letters to communicate I used a book for addresses. The book was "The genealogists Address book" . Looking at my copy the data is now 1995, ancient by the standards of today. Was wondering (hoping) someone had devised a method for something like this to be compatable with todays computerized standard. Specifically it would be wonderful to either have TMG come with, or have an add on program that lists the (1000?) most commonly used repositories, FHL, NEGHS, DAR library, Library of Congress, National Archives, all 50 state historical societies, perhaps all state vital records offices and all county courthouse sites. I grant that these change little from year to year and I (should/can easily) enter these as I go. Just was hoping not to have to do it

I'll second that. I'm also fundamentally and inherently lazy when it comes to that sort of thing!