jgr

Periods and commas AGAIN

I am using the modified census entry system that makes all family members witnesses to the entry for the head of household. I have an identical witness sentence for the 1920 census and the 1930 census except for the year:

[W] appeared on the 1920 census of< [LCI],>< [LCN],> [LS]<, at [LD]><, enumerated [D]> in the household of [P] <and [PO]><, [WM]> <[M0]>

[W] appeared on the 1930 census of< [LCI],>< [LCN],> [LS]<, at [LD]><, enumerated [D]> in the household of [P] <and [PO]><, [WM]> <[M0]>

I know the sentences are identical because I copied and pasted the 1920 census sentence into the 1930 census sentence, changing only the year.

Yet, repeatedly, the sentences produce different results:

He appeared on the 1920 Federal Census of Haskell Twp., Tillman County, OK, enumerated 28 Feb 1920, in the household of his parents, Clay Rex Cottrell and Opal Robertson Cottrell.

He appeared on the 1930 Federal Census of Midland, Midland County, TX, enumerated 17 Apr 1930. in the household of his parents, Clay Rex Cottrell and Opal Robertson Cottrell.

Note the comma after the date in 1920 and the period after the date in 1930.

I'm baffled. Any ideas?

-- jgr

Follow-up: Operator error, of course. The witness statement I should have been looking at was the one for the "with parents" role, not the regular witness statement. The "with parents" role did have an errant period, which has now been removed.