vossmoore

Corrupted ID numbers

After I merged two files the one that I have now has strange ID numbers. All ID numbers are preceded by "1:". I would like to get them back the way they used to be, but am afraid of loosing data if I do it wrong. Any thoughts?

This is the case when you have more than one data set in a project. From Terry's article on Projects and Data Sets:

"When you have more than one Data Set in a Project, TMG adds the Data Set number in front of the ID numbers assigned every person, and in front of such things as Source numbers, so you can distinguish which ones belong to which Data Set. So the people in your first Data Set will have ID numbers like 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, etc., while those in your second Data Set will be numbered 2:1, 2:2, 2:3, and so on."

That article is at:

http://www.tmg.reigelridge.com/projects-datasets.htm

Virginia B.

This is the case when you have more than one data set in a project. From Terry's article on Projects and Data Sets:

"When you have more than one Data Set in a Project, TMG adds the Data Set number in front of the ID numbers assigned every person, and in front of such things as Source numbers, so you can distinguish which ones belong to which Data Set. So the people in your first Data Set will have ID numbers like 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, etc., while those in your second Data Set will be numbered 2:1, 2:2, 2:3, and so on."

That article is at:

http://www.tmg.reigelridge.com/projects-datasets.htm

Virginia B.

Thanks, I'll take a serious look at the article.