strathglass

Why no 7.01 announcement?

If it were not for me happening to notice a user post about it, I might not have known that a 7.01 release of TMG was made available relatively recently.

I.E.

-no notice on the TMG7 forums for the 7.01 release (just the same old sticky thread on the 7.0 release)

-no email announcement

-no home page indication of the update

-no info on the News->Announcements forum either

-the program itself hasn't offered me news about the upgrade (looks like the default is not not check automatically)

I see now there is at least an indication on the Upgrades web page, and that the upgrade checker function in the s/w does detect the available upgrade.

Still, I was disappointed not to see an announcement on the forums/the home page/via email.

OK, enough whining: do people find this to be a good upgrade? I think I saw reports of a few continuing issues. But overall as long as it improves things I will probably upgrade sooner than later.

Regards,

Strathglass.

It was announced on the mail list (on Apr 19) and in the newsletter (on Apr 20).

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...?showtopic=9996

The newsletter contains the change log.

You're right that there is no topic in the Announcements forum and the sticky at the top of this forum has not been revised although there have been requests made that the sticky be updated.