mwkurt

Deleting numerous Tags at one time?

Hello,

I have recently started trying this program again as I have found that my prvious program, FTM, didn't have the robustness I needed. Recently I imported my FTM file in TMG. Because of the way I saved census information in FTM, I now have about 4000 instances of the "Name-Var" tag and I want to get rid of them. I would like to delete this tag for all of the members of my file at once rather than going through each individual. I have about 8000 names in my explorer now, half of which are name variations. Is there any way to delete a specific tag for the entire file at one time?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello,

I have recently started trying this program again as I have found that my prvious program, FTM, didn't have the robustness I needed. Recently I imported my FTM file in TMG. Because of the way I saved census information in FTM, I now have about 4000 instances of the "Name-Var" tag and I want to get rid of them. I would like to delete this tag for all of the members of my file at once rather than going through each individual. I have about 8000 names in my explorer now, half of which are name variations. Is there any way to delete a specific tag for the entire file at one time?

Thanks,

Mark

I think the TMG Utility by John Cardinal will do this job for you quickly and easily. It's a free, downloadable program which you can find on John's TMG utility web site: http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/

All good wishes.

formerprof

Careful. The primary name for each person is a Name-Var tag. You don't want to delete those. I suspect that you only want to delete non-primary Name-Var tags.

TMG Utility can do that.

Functions / Tags / Delete tags by Type

By default, 'Retain if primary' is selected and you don't want to change that.