ByronH

Tag Entry Memo Field

I am using TMG 7.02 and am having a problem saving changes to Tag Entry Memos.

The data in the Memos are unformatted and originate from a very old PAF file that was 1st imported to TMG 2.0 (?) and then carrried forward unchanged over the years to TMG 7.02. I now need to edit and save those Memos.

There is no problem editing the Memos, but when I go to save the changes a form is displayed asking if I want to lose the changes. If I click "Yes", the changes are lost. If I click "No", nothing happens, except the form in question closes taking me back to the Memo display form.

What am I doing wrong?

For whatever it might be worth, I am running Windows Vista SP1 (the same problem existed with the original Vista). And, I have already run the Maintenance Program to Verify Data Integrity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ByronH

The issue is that you are clicking the [OK] button and the program thinks that you are clicking the [Cancel] button?

Strange. Have you tried to save with ?

It's hard to see how the memo text could matter. You could copy the text for a memo and paste it into Notepad and save it. Close Notepad and then reopen the file. Clear the memo field and paste the text from Notepad back into the memo and see what difference that makes.

Thanks again Jim! <F9> works fine, but "close" the Memo window does not. Now, could you tell me how I go about report this apparent "bug" to Wholly Genes?

Thanks again Jim! works fine, but "close" the Memo window does not.

You're going to need to explain exactly what you are doing to edit memos from the Tag Entry screen.

What does 'close' mean?

If you expand the memo field to edit it by clicking the [Memo] button or by hitting ...

You edit the memo and have two choices... [OK] to save the edits or [Cancel] to cancel the edits.

is the same as clicking [OK].

The [eXit] button in the upper right is the same as clicking [Cancel]. Hitting is the same as clicking [Cancel].

What exactly are you doing?