Keith Winters

Fails to backup to networked drive

Can anyone help with this problem please? I have set up TMG v7.03 so that all my data files are on a networked drive which I have mapped to drive Z:. Preferences have been set so that all the relevant directories point to this drive. It has read-write permissions set. TMG runs fine with this set up - I can open a project file on Z:, make modifications, close the file, reopen it and all the modifications are there and the timestamp on the various files shows that TMG is writing to Z: without a problem.

However, if I try to make a backup from the File/Backup menu then I get the message "Drive z: is not accessible" and the backup aborts. It seems to be an issue to do with locating the project file; if I leave the 'select project' field blank it quite happily backs up the customisations to Z:. The current project box is ticked and it has filled in the location of the current project correctly, and the drive is accessible because the project itself is of course loaded into TMG at the time of the attempted backup. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks, Keith

Can anyone help with this problem please? I have set up TMG v7.03 so that all my data files are on a networked drive which I have mapped to drive Z:. Preferences have been set so that all the relevant directories point to this drive. It has read-write permissions set. TMG runs fine with this set up - I can open a project file on Z:, make modifications, close the file, reopen it and all the modifications are there and the timestamp on the various files shows that TMG is writing to Z: without a problem.

However, if I try to make a backup from the File/Backup menu then I get the message "Drive z: is not accessible" and the backup aborts. It seems to be an issue to do with locating the project file; if I leave the 'select project' field blank it quite happily backs up the customisations to Z:. The current project box is ticked and it has filled in the location of the current project correctly, and the drive is accessible because the project itself is of course loaded into TMG at the time of the attempted backup. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks, Keith

Panic over - a compete reboot of all systems local and remote seems to have cleared the problem......