TexasPhil

Project Explorer (7.03)

Hi, I just upgraded from 7.02 to 7.03, and now the project explorer does not link to the other windows, even though the "Link Project Exploerer to other windows" is checked in the right click menu. It used to be that if I highlighted a person in the project explorer, that person would become the focus in all the other windows too, which was useful. The project explorer is no longer useful!

I think this is what you re running into - where the focus is when you Ctrl-Up/Down. From Help (see the NOTE part):

"Keystrokes in the Project Explorer

or With focus on the Project Explorer, move up or down on the Project Explorer. If the Project Explorer is linked to the other windows, then the Subject in the Details window will also change.

+ With focus on the Details, Children, or Siblings window, scroll up one on the Project Explorer. If the Project Explorer is linked to the other windows, then the Subject in the Details window will also change.

+ With focus on the Details, Children, or Siblings window, scroll down one on the Project Explorer. If the Project Explorer is linked to the other windows, then the Subject in the Details window will also change.

NOTE: If the focus is on the Project Explorer window, + and + cause the contents of the Project Explorer window to move left and right or to scroll up and down without changing persons. The Details window does not change even when the Project Explorer is linked to the other windows because the change doesn't occur in the Project Explorer. However View > Previous on Project Explorer always causes the focus inside the Project Explorer window to change to the previous person on the list, no matter what window is in focus. Likewise, View > Next on Project Explorer causes the focus in the Project Explorer window to change to the next person on the list. If the other windows are linked to the Project Explorer, the Details window will also shift to the previous or next person on the Project Explorer.

If the focus is on the Details window (or Children or Siblings), then the keystrokes will also work properly in the PE."

Do you think that is what is happening?

Virginia

I thnk there is more to it than seen so far. I have this problem also with some other permutations. For instance: I select a group of people with a filter for the project explorer. Then I deselect the project explorer and edit several of the people from the project explorer by using CTRL-DownArrow to step through the list. When part way done, I re-select the project explorer which causes a re-execution of the filter. Thereafter, a CTRL-DownArrow or CTRL-UpArrow will cause the project explorer to step TWO entries. This is quite repeatable on my project.

Another problem like this. I open the project, open the project explorer, run a filter to select entries to edit and while in the project explorer, I use CTRL-DownArrow. Thereafter, the project explorer is no longer linked to the details window and I must restart TMG to correct it. So fat restarting TMG seems to clear up all the problems until the next trigger causes the problems to recurr.

Another note, it the PE was filtered when I shut TMG down then restart TMG and open the PE, it will ask if I should use the filter again. If I reply yes, the filter runs but the PE does its TWO step again. I must reply NO and then re-load the same filter and run it to get correcct action.

Wendell