RHandwerk

Voice Recognition software

Has anyone had trouble using TMG 7, at the same time that voice recognition software is running?

Even if I am not using the recognition software...(it is just sitting in the background, not being used)... when I try to run TMG 7, I get a window with a Fox Pro error, and the genealogy program shuts down. If I remove the recognition software from the computer memory, then TMG works just fine.

The voice recognition software that I am using the Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.

Thanks for any help.

Richard Handwerk

Hi Richard

I'm using TMG v7.3 and Dragon Naturally Speaking version 8, both in English and Dutch and have never had any problems with DNS transcribing direct into another program, ie WP12, MSWord 2003, FTM 2006, Acrobat Notes etc...

I know this won't help you solve the problem but thought you might want to hear an instance where DNS and TMG work tickety-boo with each other.

Dave

Has anyone had trouble using TMG 7, at the same time that voice recognition software is running?

Even if I am not using the recognition software...(it is just sitting in the background, not being used)... when I try to run TMG 7, I get a window with a Fox Pro error, and the genealogy program shuts down. If I remove the recognition software from the computer memory, then TMG works just fine.

Thanks for any help.

Richard Handwerk

Thank you, Dave, for your Post! I will keep working on the problem and see if i can't find a resolution!

Richard

Hi Richard

I'm using TMG v7.3 and Dragon Naturally Speaking version 8, both in English and Dutch and have never had any problems with DNS transcribing direct into another program, ie WP12, MSWord 2003, FTM 2006, Acrobat Notes etc...

I know this won't help you solve the problem but thought you might want to hear an instance where DNS and TMG work tickety-boo with each other.

Dave

Thanks for any help.

Richard Handwerk

Richard

Two things come to mind about your Foxpro error in TMG. Neither should be influential in eliminating the problem but you never know!

Firstly, either upgrade to TMG 703 or reinstall DNS. You didn't mention if you had the same problem MS Word or whatever?

Secondly, failing either of these try contacting TMG techies at Wholly Genes if you haven't already done so - they may have something on their archives

Dave

Thank you, Dave, for your Post! I will keep working on the problem and see if i can't find a resolution!

Richard

Hi Richard

Dave

Thanks for any help.

Richard Handwerk