Kim & Kelly Derrick

Picklist is jumbled and won't sort

:angry: All of a sudden, the picklist in one of my data sets is jumbled. It won't sort no matter what sorting scheme I select. The names are all jumbled in the picklist. They weren't that way last time I was working in the data set. The other data sets don't have this problem (although I am having a different picklist problem with them - see topic Picklist general sorting problem.) I am using the same template for all the names. I have tried re-sorting with a different criteria. It doesn't help. It won't sort properly under any of the sorting criteria. I closed the project and re-opened it. That didn't help. What do I do?

Have you run the Maintenance options? Run Optimize - Validate File Integrity - Optimize in that order until no more errors are reported.

Are you using the Simple or Expanded Picklist?

Is the Picklist filtered?

Virginia

Have you run the Maintenance options? Run Optimize - Validate File Integrity - Optimize in that order until no more errors are reported.

Are you using the Simple or Expanded Picklist?

Is the Picklist filtered?

Virginia

I ran the Maintenance exactly as you suggested. This unfortunately didn't fix the problem. Validate File Integrity found no problems. I am using the Expanded Picklist and it is not filtered. It's acting like it doesn't know the alphabet anymore. When I chose other organization options, it does change the order of the Picklist, but they still are not alphabetized.

I did run Reindex. It didn't help. I know which tag styles affect the picklist. I've been using the custom name template for many months. The Picklist was OK (although it had the problems noted in my other Picklist post), but all of a sudden the Picklist has gone completely jumbled. I haven't changed anything in the styles, templates, preferences or anything like that. It is my smallest data set, and one I don't work on very much. I am using the same custom name template in all 4 data sets. This one is the only one with a completely jumbled Picklist. I guess I better open a support ticket. :(