duff

Invalid Accent Condition! program lockout?

I'm trying to pare down my data file for more efficient operation, while I get 7.x migration help on a BIG tmg file from whollygenes suppport. I was advised by email from support-at-whollygenes.com to consider removing inactive datasets from v6 data if no longer needed, to improve overall performance. I decided to see if they were any longer needed.

I read in tmg6 help about using accents to view multiple datasets in a single list, which I attempted to engage by first enabling dataset #2 (there are 4 others I want to treat similarly), as well as my main dataset, #1, and then by setting an accent for dataset=2 (show background slate blue, white letters). I had a single pre-existing accent, that lit my direct ancestors with maroon background, black letters. I did not turn that one off, but it did disappear from the list of accents when I created the new accent and clicked 'add'. Also, it seems still to be on, according to the message in the bottom left of the program frame: Accent ALL: My Ancestors are Maroon.acc.

Problem is this:

I have a small grey box message in the upper right workspace, it appeared as soon as I applied the 2nd accent. The box reads "Invalid Accent condition!" In that condition, I was unable to use any buttons on the accent dialogue, and the same was true for all other function buttons and Title bar menus. I was also unable to close the dialog box, as well as unable to close the program from either the close x or the main windows taskbar. a complete lockup.

I restarted the computer, restarted TMG6. amd now I get the same message Invalid Accent Condition! with the Details window flashing rather erratically and no details in any of the open windows, which are Details, Children, and Siblings.

How do I turn off the offending accent and view any of my data again?

Thanks,

Pat