Helmut Leininger

Names in list of people

Hi,

When I am producing a list of people, most names are printed "surname, given name", e.g. "Lutz, Johann". But for a number of individuals, the comma after the surname is missing, e.g. "Lutz Johann". I checked the names and did not find eye-catching differences.

What might be the cause?

Thanks and regards

Helmut

You're sure that the names are entered in the different fields rather than being entered into one field?

Yes, i cross-checked it several times. The sort order in the project explorer is ok.

BTW, I am using TMG 7.03.

Helmut,

I'm stumped. Is the backup of your project (with only the project files, accents and filters) small enough to send to me so that I can compare the data in the tables to the report? I would need some specific examples to check.

If the backup is larger than about 6.5 Mb, you could upload it to the Wholly Genes server using Help / Message Manager / Outgoing tab.

You can contact me by email by clicking on the link below...

Jim Byram

Hi Jim,

As you guessed in your mail, it is a problem with a wrong name style.

Now, I want to get rid of this and assign another name style ("Deutsch") to the concerned individuals. Is there an easy method to "find all individuals with style XXX and assign style Deutsch" ?