ailsa

double clicking on person brings up window box looking for dbf file

Hi, just recently when I double click on a person in V7.03 so that it would normally open that persons details, TMG automatically opens the windows TMG folder, which then displays all the subfolders, but what is viewed is the dbf files of efects, words1, words2, words3, errorlog, foxuser, code, strings and down the bottom is I feel looking for me to click on one of the above dbf files as it has the name blank and file of Type Table/DBF (*dbf)

I have reinstalled TMG file from the installation file sitting in my TMG folder but this does not make the error go away.

If I just close down the opened folder the double clicking has gone to the person I wanted details.

I am not finding any other adverse errors but this is annoying and I would like to know how to fix it. I am not sure if I need to accept one of the dbf files or uninstall TMG and reinstall it completely.

It only started to happen a week ago and I do not remember anything unusual occuring at the time.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have full backups and all the program downloads to reinstall if need be.

thanks

Ailsa

Ailsa -

When you get that open file window, you should not select a file and should exit TMG - otherwise you are likely to get the error again. After you close TMG, reboot the computer, open TMG and run the Maintenance routines on the File Menu in this order: Optimize - Validate File Integrity - Optimize until Validate File Integrity shows no more errors.

Does this happen when doubleclicking in all the windows - Person, Children, Sibling - or just in one of those windows?

If you have Item Tips turned on you might try without them.

Virginia

Hi Virginia

thank you for your help, but not fixed the problem.

I don't have item Tips turned on.

I followed your instructions step by step. After Optimize and the Validate File Integrity - I got Validation completed, No problems found. I ran this sequence a few times.

This does stop the problem while I have TMG open, I can then doubleclick on any Person, Children or Sibling and the box does not open.

But after exiting from TMG and then going back in again, the problem occurs again whenever doubleclicking on Person, Children or Sibling.

I think it might be a case of uninstalling TMG and reinstalling again as many problems once started will fix themselves if you dothis.

But this process will have to wait until next week as I fly out tomorrow to go and visit my Mother. It is something I can live with for a few more days, until I get back. Any other suggestions would be great.

I have only relised that this started to occur when I started to attach photos to my people files, normally I have kept them seperate on the hard drive but thought I might make more use of this feature of TMG.

Again thank you for your reply and suggestions

Ailsa icon1.gif