colin

Importing from FTM 2009: Exhibits

My hope to is use FTM to input data and media, and then use TMG to import this file from FTM when I want to use the publishing features. So, I intent to make this the work flow I will repeat. FTM is simple and fast for me, and I don't need the flexibility TMG provides for data entry. However, FTM is essentially crippled when it comes to publishing, whereas TMG provides the flexibility I need. (So that's my rationale for this workflow). So, my intention is to re-import, into TMG from FTM whenever I want to update my webpage.

My question is this:

I don't seem to have any problem importing the data and the media..."exhibits" I guess they are called. Here's the odd thing I can't figure out. Take Ancestor X. When I look at his "details" window I see that the his WW1 draft card was succesfully imported as a tag type "other." The word other has an asterisk. When I open the exhibit log and focus "all exhibits", "all types," there is the image of the draft card. However, when I focus "a person," and filter "Ancestor X," no draft card image appears. When I attempt to produce reports, check the "show primary" box and "imbed" exhibits, no exhibit appears in the report. All this leads me to believe that the image of the draft card and the event were both imported, but the link between the two was not preserved.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Or should I not expect to be able to import from FTM with all the links intact? I have fiddled with internal/external images in FTM, and tinkered with where TMG should look if it can't find a file. But, I'm confused and it would help if someone could set me straight.

Apologies in advance if I have not used the proper terminology. I've only been working with the program for a few hours.

See 'Missing Exhibits' in Help.

File / Maintenance / Validate File Integrity

Use the external exhibits feature and see if that updates the links.

Edit:

My apologies for creating two threads on the same topic. I thought I had this solved, and that the other thread was a seperate issue, but now I think it's the same thing. The other thread (about reporting multiple images) explains the problem better. As far as I can tell, the problem is not missing images. This thread is best deleted, if possible.

Edited by colin