breamefford

Please add the ability to attach .pdf files

I generally have had most of my exhibits as .jpg files, but in the last few weeks I have had sites that have only let me save the document as a pdf file. I have gone through the messy process of converting most to a .png file, but one particular record is a 550 pg. book in pdf format. I sure can export that to a .png. I don't really need to have the pdf open up in TMG. It could it just pop open adobe when I click on the image. Seems like that really should be possible, especially for those of us who save our exhibits externally.

I generally have had most of my exhibits as .jpg files, but in the last few weeks I have had sites that have only let me save the document as a pdf file. I have gone through the messy process of converting most to a .png file, but one particular record is a 550 pg. book in pdf format. I sure can export that to a .png. I don't really need to have the pdf open up in TMG. It could it just pop open adobe when I click on the image. Seems like that really should be possible, especially for those of us who save our exhibits externally.

Hi,

That's quite easy. When you create your exhibit, you select "Other ..." (I think it is the 5th selection from the popup menu) and you may select whatever file you want with any file type. You may also add it as a "text" document, overriding the default *.doc etc. In this case, you will get a warning that says it will not be printed. You may ignore it.

When you want to show it, just open your exhibit (or source ....) and double-click on the PDf file.

The Exhibit Log topic in help tells you how to link PDF files as exhibits under the 'Insert new exhibit (other) section. Or click the Exhibit Log [Add] button and select the PDF file. Or you can also simply drag and drop a PDF file from Windows Explorer into the Exhibit Log workspace.

Note that while PDF files can be linked as exhibits, they will not be output in TMG reports. They will be output as part of a Second Site website.