Sign in to follow this  
kristaphi

Transfer of TMG from Old to New Computer w/o disks!

:wacko: For the last couple (at least) upgrades, I've accepted the online upgrade, without getting the disks. Now, I need to move TMG from an old, dying laptop to my brand new one, but don't know if a complete backup will bring over all the system files, etc. I would appreciate help from anyone, as the tech support line just isn't picking up (been on hold over an hour!) and I'd really like to work on my trees this holiday break.

Thanx for any help you can give and Happy Holidays!

:wacko: For the last couple (at least) upgrades, I've accepted the online upgrade, without getting the disks. Now, I need to move TMG from an old, dying laptop to my brand new one, but don't know if a complete backup will bring over all the system files, etc. I would appreciate help from anyone, as the tech support line just isn't picking up (been on hold over an hour!) and I'd really like to work on my trees this holiday break.

Thanx for any help you can give and Happy Holidays!

Most likely you will need to download the complete installation file from

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg7setup.exe

to install on the new laptop.

Then you need to restore your TMG Data backup ( sqz ) file you made.

Download the current full installer from the URL that Sam has provided, and install on your new system. Since it's a full installer you won't need any updates. You will need the serial number ("unlock code") you used before. Be sure to enter the email address you used at that time if it's changed since, as the unlock code is keyed to it.

To transfer your data you make a backup with your current system, transfer that to the new computer, and Restore (not Open) it on the new system.