Mike Talbot

PDF fans, CutePDF Writer

My daughter, Kris (also my web expert), introduced me to a different PDF file generator. It easily works well, it’s free and installs as a printer under Windows XP. Once installed, it is automatically accessible as a printer by VCF and MSWord to generate PDF files of your TMG (output to word-processor file) reports and VCF charts.

CutePDF Writer is available at:

http://download.cnet.com/3001-20_4-10206470.html?spi=6d88b8aa42647edc82795a5b6938ab16

Install it in Windows XP. It will then be automatically available to MSWord and VCF as a printer. Don’t know about direct TMG printing, yet. I never print reports directly from TMG. Always print to a Word file for hand editing before printing.

There are PDF paging problems with non-letter or non-legal size VCF large charts. Otherwise, you get good Charts in PDF format. The PDF-VCF charts take about half the file space of the same charts in JPG format.

I always had trouble with PDF files, so have avoided using them. So far, CutePDF Writer has been trouble free, if you stay within its vs. VCF’s limitations.

PDF fans, give it a try,

I can vouch for the fact that CutePDF works like a charm! I'm using Windows Vista, and it installed fine on that OS also. I do miss being able to edit my printouts via a word-processing program though and look forward to having that ability again soon!!