glamberson

FTST2 and Win7 64 bit reports TMG7.04 DB too new!

Hi.

As the subject says, after loading TMG 7.04 (works fine, but my database seems to have had some problems I hope are corrected now) and FTST2 on my new Win7 64 bit Home Premium computer FTST2 says my TMG 7.04 DB is too new, so FTST2 won't open it. Also, to get FTST2 to run the FIRST TIME, I had to run FTST2 as an administrator. Now it runs fine, but it couldn't find/access the ".upd" files that apparently are part of the initial installation. Not a big deal, but it is inconsistent with my experience with TMG 7.04.

I did initially have problems with my TMG database. I killed TMG manually after starting a huge report I didn't want to wait on. After doing so, my letter "S" database file was corrupted and I had to restore from a backup. My database now appears to be ok now though.

Thanks,

Greg Lamberson

FTST2 on my new Win7 64 bit Home Premium computer FTST2 says my TMG 7.04 DB is too new, so FTST2 won't open it.

As Virginia pointed out later, FTST2 uses an older project version than TMG v7.04. That's why FTST2 couldn't open your TMG v7.04 project. By design, the program will not open project versions newer than the version supported by the program version in use.

so, to get FTST2 to run the FIRST TIME, I had to run FTST2 as an administrator. Now it runs fine, but it couldn't find/access the ".upd" files that apparently are part of the initial installation. Not a big deal, but it is inconsistent with my experience with TMG 7.04.

FTST2 has never been tested under x64 as far as I know.

Greg,

I cleaned up this entire topic. The discussion could have been misused by other users who failed to read the fine print. Some techniques can result in destroyed projects if used in the wrong context and are better discussed privately.

Virginia will contact you directly.

Jim