kidcavan

Master Place List

Hi,

I've noticed that there are places on my Master Place List that, when checked for the associated event, indicate that there are no events associated with that place. My question is: how do I go about removing them? One at a time? I've read a response to a similar question that suggested doing a "file"..."maintenance"..."optimize" to remove unassociated places. I've tried that with no luck - the places I've found on the master list that aren't associated with any event remain, even after this process. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi,

I've noticed that there are places on my Master Place List that, when checked for the associated event, indicate that there are no events associated with that place. My question is: how do I go about removing them? One at a time? I've read a response to a similar question that suggested doing a "file"..."maintenance"..."optimize" to remove unassociated places. I've tried that with no luck - the places I've found on the master list that aren't associated with any event remain, even after this process. Any ideas? Thanks

They are probably associated with a repository...thus optimize will not remove them....

In addition to Paul's comment, from TMG's Help topic "Optimize":

Optimizing will not remove unused place records for which a start year, end year, comment, or short place name have been recorded.