simon3142

Windows 7 64 bit some issues with TMG 7

Hi all

I have successully installed TMG 7 on a Windows 64 bit home edition Dell XPS PC. Mostly it works fine but there are a couple of things that don't.

Back up, I get a message that the ZIP file is locked by another application.

Check for updates fails becuase " the updater is not properly installed".

Can anyone help with these things.

You may get that ZIP file error message if you are making the backup directly to an external medium. Try making the backup to your local drive and then copy the .sqz backup file to your external medium.

The solution to the 'check for updates' problem is here:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...ost&p=38140

Virginia

Thanks, the mysterious fix for the update problem worked and an update was successfully applied. However after applying the update I now get a message that" the Exhibits folder was not found, do I want to use the default?".

I didn't get it when I first ran TMG on the new PC. If it helps, I transferred the old TMG data folder across from the old PC rather than rebuilding from a sqz file.

Unfortunately the backup problem is not solved, I was backing up to my internal drive. I do use separate data backup software so it is not too serious, but I would like to get TMG backup working.

You change the Exhibits path in Preferences > Project Options > Advanced. You may want to change the other paths there to match your new machine as well.

The reason you didn't see this initially is that TMG installs with default paths that fit the machine. But each Project includes its own paths, so you can assign separate paths to each Project if you like. So, when you moved your existing Project to the new machine it still contained the paths from the old machine, which commonly, as in your case, are not valid on the new machine.

Thanks for your help, I can't believe I didn't spot that as I looked in project options but didn't find the right bit. :-)

At the same time I fixed the backup problem, it was pointing at a non existent path from the old PC as well.

Edited by simon3142