Sign in to follow this  
Davidjcie

Partner Box

Is there a way in TMG7/VCF to display a box for Partners (i.e. unmarried people living together and maybe having children) as well as Spouses?

Thanks

David

Is there a way in TMG7/VCF to display a box for Partners (i.e. unmarried people living together and maybe having children) as well as Spouses?

Thanks

David

This is the way that I do it. It takes a moment of hand editing in VCF.

Define a relationship (not married or partner, etc.) tag(s) in the marriage group. Use it instead of the marriage tag for your special partner cases. Children if any, will display correctly in descendant charts or other reports.

Generate a standard descendant chart.

See Attachment 1 for a standard 2 generation chart. Note that married partners will have a line in the box of their spouses for the marriage date/place. Those with your non-standard relationship tag will not.

Hand enter the data line that you want to appear instead of the missing marriage data line in your special partner box(es). Example: mistress. You can optionally get rid of those confusing connector lines that make spouses look like descendants and replace them by overlapping the boxes. You can also color shade the descendants of the subject of the chart. The added color highlights descendants in contrast with spouses and takes only moments to do. See Attachment 2 for the way that I do it. Note the hand entered pseudo-marriage lines. (See posts in this forum by Virginia, Robin and me for detailed techniques).

Best wishes,

post-1983-1289414524_thumb.jpg

post-1983-1289414556_thumb.jpg