rowan.bradley

Problems restoring project after upgrade from TMG6 to TMG7

I've just upgraded from TMG6 to TMG7. As requested I have backed up my TMG6 project to a SQZ file and am trying to restore it into TMG7. It tells me that I'm overwriting a number of DNA, BKP, TXT, INI and other files (I got bored of pressing the Yes button and eventually clicked Yes to All). Does this matter? What am I overwriting? Presumably it's overwriting some files that came with TMG7 with something from my old project. Is this what I want to do? As far as I know, I've never used DNA files.

Thanks - Rowan

You just overwrote a number of files that you did not want to overwrite with older versions.

Delete the User Program Data folder. See the Data File Storage help topic for the location. The folder might be hidden. There is a paragraph in the help topic on how to deal with this. Delete the folder, not just the contents. The program will recreate the folder and contents.

If you have custom layouts (.lo files) in your old installation, you might want to copy them to this folder.

You might want to delete the Shared Program Data folder as well in case you overwrote some of those files. Again, delete the folder, not just the contents. The program will recreate the folder and contents.