Sign in to follow this  
cvbecker

Exhibits not getting set to primary

I am having problems getting images to be set as primary. One instance is a person with 3 exhibits - two photographs of the person and the third the image of her tombstone. All of them are external jpg files, none are over 1KB.The "primary" button is gray for all of them This has happened on a couple of other people as well. I am running TMG version 7.03.

Any help will be appreciated.

I am having problems getting images to be set as primary. One instance is a person with 3 exhibits - two photographs of the person and the third the image of her tombstone. All of them are external jpg files, none are over 1KB.The "primary" button is gray for all of them This has happened on a couple of other people as well. I am running TMG version 7.03.

Only images attached to individuals can be set to primary...images attached to tags cannot be set to primary...

As noted in TMG Help, exhibits can be attached to people, sources, event tags, and research tasks. Among possibly many exhibits attached to a person, one and only one of that person's people exhibits can be marked Primary for that person.

To attach an exhibit to a person, when viewing their details open the Exhibit log for the person. You can do that either by clicking the Exhibits button in the standard toolbar, using the Tools menu to select the Exhibit log, or pressing Ctrl-F12. When you open the Log that way adding any new exhibit will be attached to the person. If you open a Tag Edit window and then open the Exhibit Log, adding any new exhibit will be attached to the event not the person.

You can have the exact same external file/image attached to multiple events and people. If you attach the image as an external exhibit you don't duplicate the image, you just make multiple links to the same file/image. So if you have already attached an external file that is a photo of the person to one of their events, you can also attach that exact same file to the person by simply doing the Add from within the Exhibit Log when opened for that person. Now you can make that people exhibit Primary.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Thank you gentlemen for your response - I have now attached the photo as primary.