rwood238

TMG V7.04 JOURNAL REPORT PROBLEM

I have been using the Journal Report (JR) to set up my ancestors for publication.Prior to my problem, the report showed all my ancestors by generation. This what I wanted.

But reviewing the report, I found that I wanted to change some of the report "options". After carefully reviewing all the options tabs and selecting the ones I thought I would like to have, I closed the options and clicked on the create report button.

The problem.

When I go to view the report, there is only the title, the author and Generation 1 and the beginning paragraph stating, " 1. an unknown person.

I presume I must have checked, or unchecked something that prevents the report from being shown.

I have went back over the Options many tims without finding my error.

Please help

Dick Wood

Dick -

It might be the Surety settings. Try ticking both 'No Threshold' and 'Include blank surety' to include everyone.

Did you also have a question about the at/ in/ or /blank before the location?

Virginia

good afternoon Virginia,

Thank you very much for the information. That appears to correct my problem.

No, I did not have a problem about the in/at/blank before a location.

I am still trying to tweak the Journal Report output. It appears that some formating things are better done in MS Word.

dick wood

Dick,

I agree that some formatting is better done in Word - in fact some useful formatting can only be done in a word processor. If you find yourself making the same formatting changes time and again, you might consider creating a Word macro to do them for you. My article on Word Processor Macros explains how to do that.