Sign in to follow this  
GenerationGoneBy

Pedigree Chart using Relationship accents

With our recent discussions on social relationships, one thing I would like to see TMG reports be able to do is accent names on Pedigree charts based on relationship. The report would stay the same unless the user selected accents. Then the user could pick accent color and font color based on relationship types.

Let's say I am going to print a five generation chart from me to my 2nd greats. And let's say the relationship between me and my father is ADO- Then I could print the chart normally, but then my father's name would print with the accent color and font I had picked for ADO relationship. Now let's say my grandmother's relationship to her father is CAN. His name would print with the accent color and font I had picked for CAN.

This would be a great way for TMG to show not only the social relationships we have been discussing, but also to show where research might not be as good as we'd like it to be. Each relationship Father-child, Mother-child would be allowed to have their own relationship accent and font color, because TMG would look to see what the relationship tag between each was before printing the chart.

Anyone who wanted a chart the way they print now, just wouldn't choose accents on the chart. Pedigree charts would still follow the primary relationship tag.

post-101-1296947294_thumb.jpg

Must add that each relationship would be treated on the child/father relationship. John Ferguson might have a biological relationship to his father when found and the relationship would not be shown as ADO, though his relationship to his granddaughter would be an ADO relationship. Each generation would be showing the relationship from father/mother to child.

Edited by GenerationGoneBy