Sign in to follow this  
Robert Jacobs

Index error message

This morning I have frequently had the error message, "Index does not match the table. Delete the index file and recreate the index. 63REPPUSH" This message pops up when I open a citation for editing and then press either "OK" or "cancel." I get the usual choices: abort, retry or ignore. Ignore and retry just seem to re-evoke the same error message; "abort" closes the error and allows me to proceed.

I have reindexed & validated several times. These procedures do not help. I closed TMG, deleted all the .CDX files and reopened the program only to find the same problem. Validation reports "no errors found." I am running TMG 7.04 under Windows 7 x64, SP1.

All suggestions will be gratefully received.

Robert

File / Maintenance / Initialize Repeat Files

Any error messages that contain REPPUSH or REPEAT are referring to the repeat files and you need to run the above maintenance procedure.

Alternatively, (with TMG not running) you can manually delete all files located in the ...user data folder\repeat_files folder. That's what the Initialize Repeat Files function does.

File / Maintenance / Initialize Repeat Files

Any error messages that contain REPPUSH or REPEAT are referring to the repeat files and you need to run the above maintenance procedure.

Alternatively, (with TMG not running) you can manually delete all files located in the ...user data folder\repeat_files folder. That's what the Initialize Repeat Files function does.

Thanks so much, Jim. That's done the trick. I am much relieved --

All good wishes.

Robert