Sign in to follow this  
scotspine

Sentences in Descendant Indented Narrative report

I am running v7.04 Silver UK Edition on XP but I suspect none of that is relevant to what follows.

I would be grateful for some comments/help regarding sentences in Descendant Indented Narrative Reports.

When I run a Journal Report I get sentences like "He was listed as head of household in the 1851 census at Old Blairingone, Fossoway" which is what I would expect.

But, when I run the Descendant Indented Narrative report for the same family I get sentences similar to the following "He witnessed the Census 1851 of Alexander Campbell and Mary Fife on 30 Mar 1851 at Old Blairingone, Fossoway". I have been through the option screens and can't see anything that would help so may be one of the more experienced users can.

thank you

I suspect the issue is Languages, and the fact that you are using the UK edition is probably relevant.

I think the problem is that your are using one Language for the Journal, and a different one for the other report. In one Language you have proper sentences specified for this tag type, but in the other you have only the default sentences, which do not provide satisfactory output.

Check the Language settings on the General Tab of Options.

I suspect the issue is Languages, and the fact that you are using the UK edition is probably relevant.

I think the problem is that your are using one Language for the Journal, and a different one for the other report. In one Language you have proper sentences specified for this tag type, but in the other you have only the default sentences, which do not provide satisfactory output.

Check the Language settings on the General Tab of Options.

Yippee, it's easy when you know how!

thank you very much.