rstclair52

Taskbar Buttons

Ok, I discovered something a bit odd last night. I was building a custom toolbar using the Custom Toolbar Manager. I selected the buttons I was going to use and a graphic for each button. When I finished and installed the new task bar I found that two were not the ones that I had chosen. I then spent several unproductive hours trying to get the graphics I wanted without success. What I learned was that the Exhibit (multi-media) Log and Research Log buttons will not display any graphics but exhibits.bmp and rlog.bmp respectively. I even tried changing the file names of the graphics I wanted to be displayed to match those file names. Even that did not solve the problem. In the grand scheme of things it not a big deal but it is irritating.

As a side issue is it possible to display more than one custom toolbar at a time?

I see the same problem-limitations with the Exhibit and Research Log buttons. The only alternative seems to be text - like EL and RL perhaps.

You cannot have more than one custom toolbar at a time - but you can fit a lot of buttons on that one toolbar. By using small buttons - including simple different-colored box buttons - I usually have about 40 items, and some people have even more. A screenshot of my v7 layout with a custom toolbar is below, and there is a walk-through video identifying each of the buttons here. The buttons are grouped - projects, tags (one for each census year), reports, etc. - so it is easy to go quickly to the button I want. The custom toolbar is a great feature in TMG - saves a lot of time.

v7layout.png

Virginia