JellyBean

Copying data when adding many children

I love the ability to add several children at once but I would like to be able to copy repeating data such as Town/City or County/State which is often the same. This is a spreadsheet type entry and should be easy enough to drag and copy data as you would in Excel.

OK, I know you're going to say 'copy 'n' paste' but this is still a laborious way to do it when you often have several columns of data to add

Jelly,

The F3 (Repeat) key will recall the last value you entered in most fields, including each of the place fields. Press it multiple times to recall earlier values, up to the last 15 you have entered.

In additon to Terry's comment, there is a further behavior that can be useful when you get a little overzealous in hitting the F3 once too often, meaning you slipped by your intended target, if you then go to another field that also needs to be entered using F3 and do that correctly, you can then go back to the first field that you screwed up and again use F3 to enter the correct value, because the F3 will go back to the top of its repeat list.

Further, you can hold "Ctrl" and hit "F3" and see the whole list of the last 15 entries and click on the one you want. This is very useful for sources when you want the one five sources ago and don't want to go click, click, click, too many times on F3 trying to get there quickly <g>.