rasonnier

Error when opening data tables

I've been using TMG version 8.08 successfully since it came out. I have been working in the program for the last few days with no problem. I keep my data files in a dropbox folder.

This morning I am having problems. I went to open my software and I got the following error: "An error happened when opening the data tables. 2012_ND.dbf not found."

Now when I go to open the software I get the message: "Repair mode has been activated. The application will operate somewhat more slowly as it validates each file that it is opened. Repair mode will be off again the next time you that you run the application". It will open to the splash screen but the 'Open last project" is greyed out. I navigate to the 2012 data set in Dropbox and it starts to open, I get the same error I've gotten for a long time about using the default exhibit folder and then I get the 2012_ND.dbf error.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rebecca A. Sonnier

Rebecca -

It is strongly recommended that your project files not be stored in a synced Dropbox folder because of the risk of corruption. This applies to all cloud service syncing and the problem has been observed in other genealogy software.. As you work in your project and data is being exchanged between the 100 or so files in your open project, any lag or glitch in sync transmission can be damaging. Only your backup .sqz files should be stored in a Dropbox folder. Your problem may not be related to the syncing, but it is safer to avoid it.

Contact support (support@whollygenes.com) and see if they can repair your project.

What is the error you get about the default exhibit folder? Is the path for your Exhibit folder current in Preferences / Current Project Options / Advanced?

Virginia