No replies to this topic

#1 Kim & Kelly Derrick

Kim & Kelly Derrick

Genealogy Addict

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Genealogy

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

The project I am having trouble with is big -- 1 GB.  I need a report that shows my direct line for two 2nd great-grandparents.  The Ancestor Box report gets as far as opening the Visual ChartForm, but then I get the error message:  VCF has stopped working and the only choice is to close the program.  I did set it to Save to:, not View in VCF.

When I run the Compressed Pedigree, it calculates the number of people, generates the text, but then the blue circle is there for at least 2.5 hours.  I gave up then.  One of the CPed reports says it's calculated 5286 grandparents, 27 generations, the other is 6207 & 25.

I have feeling you're going to tell me the reports are just too big.  I suppose I need a mainframe to produce these reports, not a PC.  I thought I'd ask the question just in case there's something else I can do.  We've got a family reunion in July and we'd really like to show what we've got.

Kim D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: report, ancestor box report, compressed pedigree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users