Sign in to follow this  
rodmiller01

other pricipal's (spouse) date of birth and death

I would like to include more information about a spouse (other pricipal)in a Descendancy Narrative. Currently it looks like this:

Blair Drayton Miller was born on 11 November 1921 at Pike Twp., Fulton Co., OH He married Edna Ruth Johnson (Edna's age: 23 years, 9 months and 19 days), daughter of Alva Dennis Johnson and Bertha Mary Rueger, on 4 July 1942 at Fairfield Twp., Lenawee Co., MI.

I would like to have the ability to construct a sentence that would print out like this:

Blair Drayton Miller was born on 11 November 1921 at Pike Twp., Fulton Co., OH He married Edna Ruth Johnson on 4 July 1942 at Fairfield Twp., Lenawee Co., MI. (Edna was born on 15 September 1918 in German Twp., Fulton Co., OH to Alva Dennis Johnson and Bertha Mary Rueger)

Rather than have: [P] married [PO] <([POFS] age: [AOE])> <[PARO]> <[M]> <[D]> <[L]>... I would like to see: [P] married [PO] <[M]> <[D]> <[L]> <([POF] was born [DOB]> <[LOL]> <to [PARO]>).. Where [DOB] is the birth date of other principal and [LOL] is birth location of other principal.

Also, I have created a Tag Type of "widowed", but I would like to see this information included in the sentence construction along with the Other Principal's information. In the sentence above it would be added at the end of Edna's information: "She died on 16 March 1985". ([DOD] = death date of other principal).

Rod Miller

Sorry, Rod,

I know of no variables or features in TMG to do this.

Of course, you could always create your sentence template to include an optional split memo part, and then type in anything you wanted to include in that memo part. Unfortunately, if any of this information were to change you would have to manually correct the memo. The sentence template might be something like:

[P] married [PO]

Then the split memo part [M2] could contain:

[POF] was born 15 September 1918 in German Twp., Fulton Co., OH to [PARO]

To have the information work for both bride and groom, you would have to reserve a separate memo part for each of the two principals. For example, the above could be the Male sentence template for the tag type, and the Female sentence template could be nearly the same but use [M3]:

[P] married [PO]

Hope this gives you ideas,