Sign in to follow this  
jonreed

Creating an Event for a Group Photo

Hello, I hope someone could help me. I have TMG 6.03, and I'm trying to create an Event for Group Photos.

I understand how to create a Event, with Roles, and then create the sentences.

What I want to do is have an "Group Photo" event that has 1 to 100 people listed as a "Subject" in a photo. I then want the sentence to print everyone's full name in the output. Now, if I make the "Subject", a primary Role, I can only have two names in the sentence. However, if I make "Subject", a witness Role, it won't put the full name of any of the people even if I put [R:Subject] in the sentence.

What I want is to have a "GroupPhoto" event, with a "Subject" role, and a "Photographer" role.

This is my current "Subject" Sentence:

[:CR:][R:Subject] had a photo taken <at [L]> <on [D]>. <[M]>

If I have 3 (Bob Jones, Bill Smith, John Reed) people that are assigned the "Subject" Role, if they're Primary and I print out for Bob Jones, I get:

Bob Jones had a photo taken.

In the same circumstance, it they're all Witness roles I get the following:

He and he and he had a photo taken.

If I then change the Sentence to:

[:CR:][RF:Subject] had a photo taken <at [L]> <on [D]>. <[M]>

I get the following:

Bob, Bill and John had a photo taken.

Now the question, how do I get the sentence, and who do I assign the roles to output:

Bob Jones, Bill smith and John Reed had a phone taken.

I created a group photo tag in the History group so that everyone is a witness. That avoids the Primary vs Witness issue, although it does create some other minor things (you won't see the photo on everyone's exhibit log because they aren't Principals, which is annoying). I know that at least several people have gone this route.

Karla

Hello,  I hope someone could help me.  I have TMG 6.03, and I'm trying to create an Event for Group Photos.

I understand how to create a Event, with Roles, and then create the sentences.

What I want to do is have an "Group Photo" event that has 1 to 100 people listed as a "Subject" in a photo.  I then want the sentence to print everyone's full name in the output.  Now, if I make the "Subject", a primary Role, I can only have two names in the sentence.  However, if I make "Subject", a witness Role, it won't put the full name of any of the people even if I put [R:Subject] in the sentence.

What I want is to have a "GroupPhoto" event, with a "Subject" role, and a "Photographer" role.

This is my current "Subject" Sentence:

[:CR:][R:Subject] had a photo taken <at [L]> <on [D]>. <[M]>

If I have 3 (Bob Jones, Bill Smith, John Reed) people that are assigned the "Subject" Role, if they're Primary and I print out for Bob Jones, I get:

Bob Jones had a photo taken.

In the same circumstance, it they're all Witness roles I get the following:

He and he and he had a photo taken.

If I then change the Sentence to:

[:CR:][RF:Subject] had a photo taken <at [L]> <on [D]>. <[M]>

I get the following:

Bob, Bill and John had a photo taken.

Now the question, how do I get the sentence, and who do I assign the roles to output:

Bob Jones, Bill smith and John Reed had a phone taken.